Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The New Year

Happy New Year to all! I had a great holiday season here in Belize, despite being away from my family.

My new years was spent in Caye Caulker: which is a nice, quaint tropical paradise with waters of every shade of blue and green. The boat ride to Caye Caulker from Belize City is about 45 minutes and costs $25 Belize round trip. Julie and I stayed in an ocean front hotel and we had a lot of fun. I saved some money over the previous weeks and took her out to a nice Italian restaurant called Don Corleone's. I got lasagna and she got the lobster dinner. It was surprisingly the best lasagna I have ever had in my life.

After celebrating the New Year, I came to the realization that I do not need two things in my life anymore:
1. Swear words
2. Alcohol - excluding the occasional glass of red wine

Cussing or swearing is totally inappropriate and unnecessary. I feel like an idiot every time i swear. I'm done with it.

Alcohol has done nothing for me in my life besides drain me financially, physically and emotionally. I hate hangovers, I hate not being in control and I hate making mistakes while under the influence. I hate alcohol. I'm done with it. (Excluding the occasional glass of red wine, which has been proven to provide health benefits)

I don't really believe in new years resolutions, due to the inevitability of failure, so i prefer life changing/self realizations. So when I return to the United States in 2010, don't expect to see me swear or drink.

Far From Home,

Christopher Wilkins Weiss

2 comments:

Green Eyes said...

Two life changes that in my opinion will serve you well! Glad you are doing well! I enjoy reading your stories. Nicall

DJMolasses said...

W did it in '86.

Now W...eiss does it in '09. I hope you follow him all the way to the White House.

And, a pinot grigio every once in awhile won't hurt you either.