Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Update

So Summer is almost over and I have a couple of updates for everyone:

1. I finished the It’s Up To Me Manual. I am happy with my work and it is currently being edited by several Belizeans. It should be ready to print by the beginning of the school year. The manual is one of my ways of ensuring sustainability of the program.

2. Random trips to Caye Caulker are nice. It only costs $25 round trip and when you find a secluded hotel/cabana on the backside of the island, its the recipe for complete relaxation.

3. Trip to Argentina is in the works for Spring of 2010.

4. I will be in the United States in September – Cocoa Beach, Florida for the Weiss Family Vacation. Julie is coming too!! I am excited for her to meet my entire family.

5.  http://thisisdiversity.com/ – wanted me to post some of my blog entries on their website. They said they enjoy my take on life as a PCV. Money is given to the author’s of the articles who receive the most hits for the month. If my articles receive any money it will be donated to the “It’s Up To Me” program . Check out the website and search for my articles.

6. http://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/its-up-to-me-program – Please donate to my project!!! We are so close to obtaining the funds. Thanks to those who have already donated: Vens, Ruza, Gill, Cook and Heiner. If you know of anyone that would be interested, please forward them the link.

Far From Home,

Christopher Wilkins Weiss

No comments: