Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Week

I had a long day yesterday at school. I thought I would share:

6 am - wakeup
7 - go to school
8 - school starts
8-9 - ref 2 basketball games
9-9:50 - Life Skills Class
10 - meeting with a student
12 - lunch
2:30 - meeting with a student
3 - Sports Committee Meeting
3:30 - It's Up To Me Group Meeting
4 - ref 2 basketball games
5:30-10 pm - Disciplinary Board Meeting

14 hours at school.

In other news, the It's Up To Me received a $500 grant from Kids to Kids. I wrote the grant about a year ago and it was rejected. I reapplied, and we got it. So now the group can operate without tapping into the school's budget.

I submitted a grant application to the Belize Social Investment Fund for the Edward P. Yorke Sports Complex and Athlete Development Program last week. This one is a lot bigger than the Kids to Kids and has an impact on the entire school and community.

Far From Home,

Christopher Wilkins Weiss

No comments: