Friday, April 3, 2009

Close Proximity to Murder

One thing that takes some getting used to down here is being in close proximity to crime. Never in my life have I been able to stand at my place of residence and point to where murders have taken place. Just last month at the Bachelor Hotel (a huge hotel that does not seem to have any guests), which is a block away from my house, the owner let 4 people into the front office because he thought they were going to rent a room. Well that wasn't the case. They proceeded to corner him in the rental office, torture him, stab him repeatedly and then slit his throat. This all happened within 200 yards of my apartment. The robbers/murderers apparently wanted some money and the man (who in local newspapers is referred to as “Chinee man”) refused to give them any.

Far From Home,

Christopher Wilkins Weiss

No comments: