Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Break

Since I am working in a school I get two weeks of Spring Break. Julie and I decided to go to San Pedro and it was really nice, to say the least. We both saved some money for a couple months so we stayed at a nice hotel called Banana Beach. We got a free breakfast every morning and brought food from Belize City so we did not end up spending a lot of money on the trip. I took her out to a nice restaurant and the food was out of this world. She got a bleu cheese, walnut and pear salad with shrimp skewers and I got stuffed chicken breast with sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese and garlic potatoes. San Pedro is probably the nicest tourist destination in Belize. The island is filled with high class resorts, red bricked roads and golf carts. It’s touristy but not overwhelming. I enjoyed the vacation and hopefully will visit again. If my brother and his wife come down to Belize, we will probably go to San Pedro for a few days.

I saw two sporting events while on vacation: The Masters and the NCAA Men’s Hockey Championship: Miami vs. Boston University. I enjoy watching the Masters every year and this year it definitely made me feel like I was in the states. As for the hockey game: Miami was up 3 goals to 1 with 1 minute and 30 seconds to play. Boston pulled their goalie and proceeded to score 2 goals in 42 seconds sending the game into overtime. Miami ended up losing in overtime. I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I thought Miami was finally going to win a national championship in something but no no. Better luck next year.

Far From Home,

Christopher Wilkins Weiss

3 comments:

Jim said...

Miami couldn't bring home a championship like the Heinous Snakes could.

Unknown said...

ya they should hire the heinous snakes coach to coach miami and maybe they would win a national championship

Unknown said...

If Dan Simonds was their coach, that would have never happened.