Friday, October 16, 2009

26

So I celebrated my 26th birthday on the 12th of October. Julie set up a picnic blanket and we had a Sunrise Watercolor session. We each painted our interpretation of the sunrise. We both have different styles of painting: she has more of a creative interpretation while I am more literal translation. Let the record state that I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to painting, I just started and I enjoy it that's good enough for me.

After painting we had breakfast at the Pelican Resort aka Julie's front yard. To my surprise, she had the staff bring out a home-made cheesecake.

It was a special birthday. It was different than all my other birthday's. I was taken to see the sunrise and got to paint the landscape. In previous years, I would have gone to a bar with buddies and drank myself stupid (nothing against that, and nothing against all of those who engaged in previous birthday celebrations, but i prefer an epic sunrise and a great breakfast to bonging beers in celebration of one's birth).

So thanks to Julie and all of the happy birthday wishes and if you forgot no worries. I mistakenly forgot my mom's birthday this year. Whoops. sorry mom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whoa whoa whoa, what about the year I created that bong with your name on it????