Sunday, October 25, 2009

almost november

A couple things:

1. I am starting to feel the monotonousness aspect of Peace Corps service; I tend to get consumed by my primary project and it has become routine. Fortunately, I am really enthused about the E.P. Yorke Sports Complex. I see myself working on the plans, proposals and staring construction in the upcoming year. Let the record state: I am not thinking of quitting or anything like that, it's just one of the emotions/phases I am going through.

2. The new Ambassador had all the Peace Corps volunteers over for dinner the other night: it was for the new volunteers swearing-in. It was really nice and he seems like he is gung-ho peace corps so that's good news for the next couple years. It was my first official state sponsored dinner. I will post pictures on facebook so you can see some of the cool things from the dinner: plates, house, free food (indian), free drinks. The Ambassador went to undergrad with Obama and apparently they are good buddies.

3. I am growing out a beard until New Years.

4. I am growing out my hair until next Summer.

5. Cool quote: "Each time a man stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the lot of others or strikes out against injustice he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope and crossing each other form a million different centers; energy enduring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." R.F.K. on moral courage

Far From Home,

Christopher Wilkins Weiss

No comments: