Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall

Lets pretend that Belize has seasons: It’s Fall! What that means here: it’s hot and rainy. Big surprise.

Good news: I finished the Student Workbook/Manual for the student’s in the It’s Up To Me Program! It’s been a goal of mine for a year and I finally completed it. It’s 70 pages of participatory activities that I gathered from numerous Peace Corps resources. I printed off 41 of them so they will hopefully be able to run the program for a couple years after I am gone. Sustainability. Lets hope it works.

Thanks to The Tennis Company for donating 15 soccer balls to E.P. Yorke High School. The Physical Education teacher, Principal and students appreciated the donation. I recommended that the P.E. teacher only use 5 a year so they will be good to go for the next couple years.

I gave 2 speeches to the new 1st year trainees/future volunteers last week:

1. Mentoring At-Risk Youth in Belize

2. Relationship Panel: Being in a Relationship in the Peace Corps

They swear in as volunteers later this month

Thanks DT for sending me the new Pearl Jam CD. Getting new/enjoyable music down here is no easy task.

Far From Home,

Christopher Wilkins Weiss

No comments: